We are seeing some exciting movements in the world of stained glass design and social media is helping to shine a spotlight on these new techniques and talents.
In addition to the already established community of talented stained glass artists, a new generation is learning this incredible skill and finding ways to use stained glass in their own unique way.
They are embracing this historic craft and using it to create pieces of art, contemporary homeware and beautiful jewellery.
To celebrate this new era of stained glass design we want to share six of our favourite glass artists and designers on Instagram…
1. Glass_house_studio – Fiona is a stained glass artist based in West Sussex. She commissions some really unique pieces of glassware and also sells her beautiful colourful glass creations on her Etsy Shop. From vases and mirrors, to terrariums and jewellery, there is something for everyone on her Instagram feed.
2. Cellardoortrades – Made in Michigan USA, these stunning stained glass creations are inspired by the maker’s natural surroundings. Many of their designs combine glass and wood into beautiful seascapes and mountain scenes. We love their use of bright and bold colours and fluid lines within their exquisite hanging wall art pieces.
3. Craftyglasslondon – This very talented stained glass artist works out of her garden shed in Walthamstow. Her unique and contemporary glasswork designs include pets, pickles, plants and more. We guarantee that her Instagram feed will make you want to keep scrolling and scrolling!
4. Glastonburystainedglass – Based in Glastonbury, Richard’s glass work is inspired by British wildlife. From dragonflies to badgers, each piece is intricate and interesting. Richard also offers local teaching and stained glass workshops.
5. Oriori_store – Wow! If you are looking for something a little bit different you must have a look at this artist’s Instagram feed. She is a stained glass jewellery designer from Minsk in Belarus. Her designs are like mini works of art that you can wear!
6. Lockhartglass – Last, but by no means least, we would like to share the beautiful stained glass designs by Nicole in Florida. They appear to follow a theme of natural elements including plants, crystals, wildlife and planets and we particularly like her use of iridescent glass.